With so many variables to consider, determining the average cost of tree removal services in 2022 can be tricky. Size, species, obstacles, and condition are all factors that influence the expense of tree removal.
To give you an idea of just how many variables come into play, Patrick Musser Tree Service has removed trees where the costs have ranged from $500 to $10,000. The only way to know for sure is to have your local tree removal company visit and give you a free onsite tree removal estimate.
In this post, we will take a deeper dive into factors that affect the cost of tree removal, and how to figure out when to cut down a tree.
Factors that Affect the Cost of the Tree Removal
Here are factors that are used to determine the price of a tree removal job.
- Accessibility – If the tree is growing in a small space amidst obstacles like a home, fence, or other trees, it will cost more to remove since the limbs may need to be lowered by rope instead of felled.
- Species – Some tree species have complex root and branch systems, while others have extremely large or slim trunks that can’t support the weight of a person. Such features make them more difficult to remove.
- Size – The height and diameter of the tree will influence the price of tree removal. Basically, short trees with thick trunks will take longer to remove than slender and tall trees.
- Urgency – If it’s an emergency, and you need the tree taken down with immediate removal services, you’ll pay more than ordinary tree removal.
- Geographic Location – If you live in a region with a higher cost of living and more surrounding obstacles, tree removal will be more expensive. Likewise, if you live in a remote location, you will be charged extra because of the distance the arborist must travel.
- Traffic Control – If the street needs to be entirely or partially closed during the operation, you’ll need to factor in the cost of traffic control, hazard cones, signs, and flaggers.
How Do You Know If Your Tree Need be Removed?
The best way to determine whether to remove a tree is by speaking to a certified arborist who is insured for tree removal. These specialists have the skills and tools to assess whether a tree should be cut, pruned, trimmed, or treated. The experts will also help you obtain the necessary permits if the best option is to remove the tree.
Arborists normally recommend removal if the tree is dead, diseased, rotting, leaning, has multiple dead branches, has a damaged and unstable trunk, the inside is hollow, or when the tree grows too close to power lines or an existing structure.
Get Professional Tree Removal Help!
If you’re considering removing a tree from your property, reach out to Patrick Musser Tree Service. We are a well-reputed tree service company with a team of certified, licensed, insured, and highly trained tree experts who are capable of handling both basic and complex tree removal tasks. Want to discuss tree removal prices in Frederick, Montgomery County, Maryland, or Washington DC? Get in touch, and we will provide you with an accurate quote.